Posture is a major contributor to back and neck pain. By maintaining a correct posture it can lessen your chances of experiencing pain through the neck, shoulders, and lower back. A flexed posture is seen when our heads drop forward and our spine rounds out. Our flexor muscles are usually a problem because we tend to have a flexed posture when we are physically/emotionally stressed out. Some examples may be when we are leaning over a computer screen or the pages of a book that is on a table.
Things to think about:
- It is important to get up and move around and set an alarm for every 20 to 30 minutes.
- Emphasize spinal stability exercises as part of a daily exercise routine.
- Perform postural exercises to break up the sitting posture.
- As much as possible, vary your day to day activities and exercises
Things to avoid:
- It is important to realize that exercise cannot totally counteract prolonged sitting. It is important to change positions frequently.
- Even though you don't have pain now don't assume that your body can tolerate a poor posture for prolonged periods.
Contact your local Dululth Chiropractor Today!
A start to maintaining a healthy posture would be to search for treatment options. Most often, neck and back conditions can be treated conservatively with chiropractic care. Here at Kenwood Chiropractic we can help! If you are someone who is suffering from these types of symptoms and neck pain please contact our office today. No matter where you live in the Duluth area, we can help. Our clinic has been serving Kenwood, Hermantown, Duluth Heights, Kenwood Village, College of Scholastica, Woodland, Congdon, Lakeside, Lester Park & surrounding communities for years, and we would love to have you as the latest member of our little family. Please contact us today at (218)724-6008 to learn more.