What Does a Chiropractor Do?
A chiropractor is a healthcare professional generally characterized as an alternative medicine or complementary medicine professional. Chiropractic healthcare is focused on the diagnosis and treatment of neuromuscular/skeletal disorders with an emphasis on the treatment through the adjustment of the spine. One of the main treatment goals that chiropractors seek is to reduce pain and to improve the functionality of patient's neck and back conditions. Another goal of chiropractic care is to educate patients on how they can manage their own health by exercise, ergonomics, and other home therapies that can be used to treat neck and back pain.
Chiropractic Fundamental Goals and Beliefs
Chiropractic care focuses on the intimate relationship between the spine and the nervous system.
- For many conditions, chiropractic treatment can restore the structural integrity of the spine and reduce pressure on sensitive nerve tissue. By relieving this pressure, a patient's body can heal more effectively on its own and improve the health of the individual.
Chiropractors use a variety of non-surgical treatments to treat patients for certain types of conditions.
- Neck Pain
- Repetitive StrainsHead, Neck & Shoulders:
- Tempero-Mandibular Joint pain (Jaw)
- Whiplash Associated Disorder
- Postural Strain
- Neck pain
- Cervical Radiculopathy (Pinched nerve)
- Shoulder Rotator Cuff Tendonitis
- Shoulder Impingement Syndrome
- Shoulder Instability
- Adhesive Capsulitis (Frozen Shoulder)
- Thoracic Outlet Syndrome
- Postural Strain
- Rib Joint Dysfunction
- Disc Protrusion/Herniation
- Sacroiliac Joint Dysfunction
- Piriformis Syndrome
- Core Instability
- Lower Back Pain
- Car Accident Injuries
- Arthritic Pain
- Sports injuries
One of the primary treatment goals for treating these conditions is through the application of therapy for neuromuscular/skeletal disorders.
When appropriate, chiropractors refer patients to other medical providers for further evaluation and treatment for many types of conditions. At Kenwood Chiropractic in Duluth, MN our goal is to help residents of Duluth, Lakeside, Woodland, Kenwood, and Duluth Heights neighborhoods achieve their wellness goals with chiropractic care and exercise.
Dr. Zakrajsek and Dr. Garness have years of experience in managing many different types of conditions and provide exceptional patient care to the communities of Duluth, Woodland, Duluth Heights, Kenwood, and Lakeside neighborhoods. Call to schedule a consultation today with your Duluth, MN chiropractors at, (218)724-6008.