Thumbs Up to Relief
Many people go to a chiropractor because they are in pain. In this first phase of care, the main goal is to reduce your symptoms. Sometimes this will require daily visits, or two to three visits per week for a time.
Most people are under the assumption that if they don't feel any pain that there is nothing wrong with them - that they are healthy. Unfortunately, pain is a very poor indicator of health. In fact, pain and other symptoms frequently only appear after a disease or other condition has become advanced.
For example, consider a cavity in your tooth. Does it hurt when it first develops or only after it has become serious? How about heart disease? Regardless of whether you are talking about cancer, heart disease, diabetes, stress or problems with the spine, pain is usually the last thing to appear. When you begin chiropractic care, pain is also the first symptom to disappear, even though much of the underlying condition remains.
An important aspect of one's care are the goals of chiropractic care. Our Duluth Kenwood Chiropractic doctors will establish specific goals for you individual condition and set up a plan for treatment.
- Short term goals typically include reducing pain and restoring normal muscle balance and joint function.
- Long term goals include a return in tolerance to normal activities of daily living and include restoring normal functional independence in one's daily activities.
Depending upon your individual condition, chiropractic treatment goals and recommendations may include some of the following:
- Adjustments to key joint dysfunctions.
- Modalities to improve soft tissue healing and pain control by utilizing ultrasound, an electrical stimulation.
- Stretching/Strengthening exercises to improve strength, muscle balance, and coordination
- Patient education to improve posture and ergonomics both at home and at work.
- Other treatments such as muscle work, heat/cold application, and evaluation and education on nutrition and ergonomics.
At Kenwood Chiropractic in Duluth, MN our goal is to help residents of Duluth, Lakeside, Woodland, Kenwood, and Duluth Heights neighborhoods achieve their wellness goals with chiropractic care and exercise.
Dr. Zakrajsek and Dr. Garness have years of experience in managing many different types of conditions and provide exceptional patient care to the communities of Duluth, Woodland, Duluth Heights, Kenwood, and Lakeside neighborhoods. Call to schedule a consultation today with your Duluth, MN chiropractors at, (218)724-6008.